Subject:Fw: hennepin co. le conte's sparrow
From:leslie marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:33:33 -0500

At noon today, Joey and Alex Sundvall and I saw a Le Conte's sparrow at Westwood Nature Center in St. Louis Park, Hennepin County, Mn. It was perched in a tumble of reeds towards the lake, not singing. Credit goes to Joey (Alex's mother) for intially spotting the bird.
Two hours later, Linda Sparling and I relocated the bird in the same area.
At the nature center, the bird was at the base of the steps leading down from the visitor center to the lake. Go about 20 feet north of the steps, and this is the area  where the bird was seen.
Directions to the Center:
Westwood Nature Center is west of Hwy. 100 on 394. Go south on
Louisiana Ave. to Cedar Lake Rd. Go west (right) on Cedar Lake Rd. to Texas. Go north (right) on Texas to Franklin Ave. Turn west (left) on Franklin past the stop sign for half a block, and turn north (right) into the parking lot of the nature center.
 Leslie Marcus
 St. Louis Park
 Hennepin County