Subject:Red-necked Grebe
From:Thomas Maiello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:09:43 -0500

Very close and personal dance with a Red-necked Grebe a few minutes ago on Eagle Lake.  Swimming just off the boat dock on the west side of the lake and distracted by a canoe - probably figured I represented less of a threat than the canoe of noisy fisherpeople. Got within 10 yards of me.  What a beautiful bird!

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN