Subject:Cinnamon Teal not present
From:Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:22:53 -0500

Hi everyone,
  Forest Strnad and I tried for the Cinnamon Teal in Carver County this evening between 5:10 and 6:20 PM. We gave it a good hour of searching with scopes at both wet areas north and south of the farmhouse. We also checked out the wet area further south on the east side of the road but had no luck.

  There must have been between 400-500 Bonaparte's Gulls present, which were interesting. Also present were many yellowlegs of both species, and in the eastern flooded field, there were at least 3 Pectoral Sandpipers.

  I'd be very interested in hearing if the teal is relocated!

Thanks and good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault,MN
greathorneddave@hotmail.com