Subject:Re: [mnbird] Broad-winged Hawk, Crosby Park, Ramsey Co.
From:linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:50:38 -0500

Thanks, Fr. Tom,
I've been lax about reporting, but two broad-wings flew over the
railroad bridge just north of Crosby, on the weekend. they came from
the direction of the Lilydale Yacht Club, and barely cleared the trees
behind the Academy of  Neurology Sciences, before spiraling upward and
northeast. I'm glad to hear the gnatcatchers are back; I've been
listening and looking for them, hoping to locate a nest in the area
this year.
The east section of Crosby is part of a Priority Block for the
Minnesota Breeding Bird Atlas, for which I am collecting data, so any
reports people can provide from there, especially if they indicate
breeding behavior, are much appreciated. Likewise, for Lilydale Park,
the highland golf course, and even residential areas east of Snelling,
and south of Summit.
Linda Whyte