Subject:Short-eared Owls in Aitkin County
From:Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:12:00 -0500

This morning, Butch Ukura and I when out birding for a little while. On
CR18, we had three SHORT-EARED OWLS right at the junction with CR5, one
sitting in the middle of the road, the other two flying in the fields
near by. This was just before 9:00 a.m., so it was a bit of a surprise.
Also had some SHARP-TAILED GROUSE and our first WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS.
We had one other highlight -- a beautiful TIMBER WOLF standing in a
field just to the east of Kimberly. It was only a couple hundred yards
out and stayed for several minutes. Warren Nelson