Subject:Long-tailed Duck - Leech Lake
From:Andrew Birch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:49:11 -0500

Today I spent a couple of hours enjoying the weather and hundreds of Horned
Grebes and Red-breasted Mergansers from Stony Point Natl Forest
Campground on Leech Lake.

The Long-tailed Duck was seen at 11:30am.  I watched it feed for 10 minutes
north of the point until it was flushed by a boat and took flight toward
Pelican Island.  It associated with two Red-breasted Mergansers while I
watched it.  When it landed north of Pelican Island it was too far away to
make out any additional field marks.

Also of note were American White Pelicans and Red-necked Grebes.

Andrew Birch
Hackensack, MN
--
MNLEP - A list for Butterfly Enthusiasts in Minnesota
http://groups.google.com/group/mnlep