Subject:Aitkin Co. Rd 18 & 5 short-eared owls & other sightings
From:Wes Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:43:44 -0500

I was out conducting a few dancing ground surveys and checking up on a
few radio-collared sharp-tailed grouse in the Aitkin County Road 18
and 5 corridor. At one dancing ground I counted 16 SHARP-TAILED
GROUSE. I saw 2 SHORT-EARED OWLS owls about 2 miles west of Pietz's
Road on the southside of CR 18, but did not see any owls at the CR 18
& CR 5 intersection. SAVANNAH SPARROWS singing at multiple locations
along CR 18. Saw 2 ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS; one on CR 5 about a 2 miles
south of CR 18, and one on CR 18 near Hwy 169. Overall fairly quiet
out.

Wes Bailey
Grand Rapids, MN
jwbp54 AT gmail dot com