Subject:Chimney Swift
From:Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:31:36 -0500

Hi everyone,
  After a pretty lousy walk (well, ok, any walk in the woods is a GOOD walk, how about practically BIRDLESS walk?) this evening at River Bend Nature Center, my wife and I traveled to her brothers house for a bonfire, and after watching the sky closely for about two hours, I finally got my target! A lone Chimney Swift! Also by watching the sky, I noticed a Sharp-shinned Hawk earlier in the evening. Anyway, my bro-in-law lives near downtown Faribault, which has been a pretty reliable spot for early swifts the last few years.

  A nice way to end a very mediocre day!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey