Subject:Great Gray Owl in Aitkin County
From:Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:23:15 -0500

This evening, Steve and Jo Blanich and I had a Volunteer's Banquet for
the Rice Lake National Wildlife Refuge Volunteers and left early enough
that we decided to take a quick drive up to Aitkin County Road 18. At
4:10 P.M., we found a GREAT GRAY OWL just to the west of the Hebron
Cemetery near the 20 MPH sign on the south side of the road, right near
the road. The owl was very cooperative and was still sitting there when
we left twenty minutes later. Warren Nelson