From:Mike Butterfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:06:31 -0700

FOR what it's worth.

Went out to Salt Lake
figured to get a good few days in B4 event
Doing a lot burning there - or fires maybe?

There are no shorebirds there.
 in all of the hot spots around the area.
Did not find one warbler or vireo or etc.
SAW 3 bittern in the ONLY standing water area south of Cty Rd 12 on Cty Rd 11
Drove a good 75+ miles I figure.
Did not go to Big Stone -
But it is DRY and brittle there.

I did maintenance roads and all the lakes were high with NO shore or mud.

I have never seen it so poor - even on bad days in past.
Mainly Robins, Grackles, usual ducks! even Salt Lake was very limited.
Got a Horned Owl - 1 Great Blue Heron - Red Tails
Not even a Yellow Headed Blackbird.

So did not stay out there - Can't imagine it getting better in two days

Sorry for the bad news - just a heads up

but the eurasian collared dove is here in Young America again.

Other than that it is really slow in this area - ????

Good birding anyway ('v') tweet

Mike in Young America