Subject:Prairie Chicken Festival in central Wisconsin
From:Rosie Bunge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:23:41 -0700

Two of us attended the Prairie Chicken Festival in central Wisconsin, near Stevens Point and Wisconsin Rapids, on  April 17-18.  From a blind, we were able to see prairie chickens displaying on the booming ground.  What a thrill!

As I understand it, the season for displaying is nearing the end.  However, you may want to contact Carl Flaig, 714-570-0782, who is a farmer who has private blinds.  He is very helpful.  This website is:

http://www.prairiechickenviewing.com/

The website for the festival is:

http://www.goldensandsrcd.org/pcfest/index.htm
 Next year the days are April 15-17, 2011.

Rosie from St. Paul