Subject:Raptor Species
From:James Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:51:24 -0500

Thanks for all the input. I, too,  have seen evidence of Great Horned predation on crows. I have never seen a GHO hunt @ 2:30 on a bright sunny day. With my brief glimpse I thought Coopers or falcon (long tail) not buteo or owl. I guess I was wondering if a Coop or Peregrine could take a crow. I don't know if a Goshawk is possible this time of year (or any time, for that matter) in the cities. I admit I was surprised to hear that a Red-Tailed would take a crow. Back east I have seen Sharpies harass crows but never carry one off. Again, thanks for all the ideas,  Jim