Subject:Louisiana Waterthrush, Brown County
From:Bob Dunlap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:29:23 -0500

Around noon today I found a Louisiana Waterthrush foraging along a
wooded stream just north of the small town(?) of Iberia in Brown
County. Iberia is located a few miles south of Sleepy Eye on Hwy. 4
then a couple miles east and north on CR 24 in the central part of the
county. The main road through Iberia is a gravel road (260th Ave.),
and if you follow this just past the north side of town you will come
to a small wooded stream that goes under the road via a culvert; this
is right before you go over a bridge which crosses a larger
stream/river (Cottonwood River?). The bird was foraging here along the
small stream mostly on the west side of the road. I was first alerted
to the bird's presence by its call notes which it gave intermittently.
I was able to get a few photos of the bird, one of which I have placed
on the "Recently Seen" page.

This is apparently not a first county record, but the farther west you
get in southern MN the more difficult this species is to find.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County