Subject:Black-backed Woodpecker-Hubbard Cty
From:Dennis and Barbara Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:50:52 -0500

Came across a female Black-backed Woodpecker in Hubbard Cty yesterday.  The bird was on 191st Ave, 1/2 miles north of Cty Rd 95.  This is just north of the town of Lake George.

Back on Jan 30th we found two Black-backed Woodpeckers on this same 2 mile stretch of road although not at the same exact location.  Those locations were north and south of this sighting.

Otherwise was rather quiet although we did have Pine Warblers in 5 locations in Cass and Hubbard counties.  Only sparows were Vesper, Chipping, and Song.  Duck migration was over and a few migrant grebes were around.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
Shorewood, MN
dbmartin@skypoint.com