Subject:Douglas County birds (RAVEN pair), also Albany sewage
From:John P. Ellis
Date:Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:40:26 -0500

   Saw a pair of Ravens Friday (4/23) between 12:15 and 12:55 PM and again
Saturday AM about 8:45 in the same area south of Miltona, MN bounded by
Willow Road, Carlos-Miltona Road, Douglas county 5 and the railroad that
runs N-S west of MIltona 65. A local farmer stopped to ask me what I was
seeing (the birds were NOT there then) and when I told him he said that he
had noted a bird that he thought was a really BIG crow early last week in
the air over his farm (just south) so the birds have probably been in the
area for a while. I think its probably a county record of some kind.
   Also had groups of 4 and 6 Willets in wet, grassy areas in Douglas and
one just S of Albany sewage pond (West.) Also had a few Yellowlegs in
Douglas (and Albany) but no shorebirds other than Killdeer, Snipe and
Woodcock. Had Bonapartes in Douglas and at Albany. Had a single CSwift in
Douglas but not much new other than the above and a Vesper Sp.
    John Ellis-St Paul