Subject:A public thanks....
From:linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:11:46 -0500

...is overdue here, to all the folks who helped put on last weekend's
Salt Lake Birding event. As a newcomer, I was made to feel totally
comfortable and welcome, by Ken Larson & family who hosted some of us
on their farm, by neighbors, and by townspeople in Marietta and
Madison who put on community meals.

Despite the rain, our patient leaders got us to great habitat.
Shorebirds may have been scarce by past years' standards, but there
were plenty enough bird species that I added over 25 FOYs for this
year, including a couple of life birds. I gained a real appreciation
of the birding potential in a part of the state I've rarely visited,
and had a lot of fun doing it. This won't be my only visit!

Thanks again, and good birding,
Linda Whyte