Subject:Surf Scoters/Otter Tail Co
From:Dan & Sandy Thimgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:23:46 -0500

Instant disclaimer: We were NOT able to relocate these birds this
morning.

A pair of Surf Scoters were first spotted on Jewett Lake on Monday by
a knowledgeable observer. They were verified Tuesday evening by Steve
and Diane Millard who contacted us. We dutifully showed up at 7:00
the next morning (Wednesday) but without success. Jewett Lake,
directly north of the town of Fergus Falls along County Road 22), is
quite small in size and oval in shape, so we were able to scope it
from multiple sides. We later spoke to the homeowner who said he had
not seen the birds at all today. Bummer.

Apparently, they were male and female with the male in full breeding
regalia. They had been seen most reliably off the southern shore of
the lake throughout the days of Monday and Tuesday.

--Dan & Sandy Thimgan

--
Thimgans
Battle Lake MN