Subject:warblers +
From:Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:21:49 -0500

Hi everyone,
  After Forest Strnad and I canceled plans to bird the area lakes today because of the high wind, I decided to at least go for a walk with my daughter at River Bend Nature Center. Besides seeing a large Fox Snake on the trail (very cool!), the birding was horrendous until reaching the Day Camp area along the river. Here, I encountered a decent sized flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers, and hanging with them was a single Black & White Warbler and also a Nashville Warbler. Also in the area were quite a few White-throated Sparrows. In other areas, I also found a single White-crowned Sparrow and a Lincoln's Sparrow.

  Nice to see the increase in numbers of bird species as well from this fantastic southern wind!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN
greathorneddave@hotmail.com