Subject:addendum to Crosby Park post
From:linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:51:55 -0500

I believe this was omitted from yesterday's post about Crosby Park in St. PauL:

Also singing on the river path, just west of the conifers, was a House
Wren; I'd heard one nearby last week also.
But the most interesting (for me) sighting within the park, was the
two Broad-winged Hawks. Earlier in the year there were Red-tails, but
this is the third time since the17th I've had two Broad-winged Hawks
at Crosby. At least one of them seemed to be spooked off a perch on
the bluff side of the big lake at my impending approach, rising over
the water with loud calls, to join the other in the air. I had great
views of its underbelly and the under-tail, with those broad,
contrasting stripes.

Linda Whyte