Subject:Boom Island/Nicollet Island FOYs
From:Karen Kraco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:51:24 -0500

Birdy, aurally rich evening at Boom Island and Nicollet Island in
Minneapolis today - nice to see some FOYs and already-seens, including one
lone and extremely mellow FOY catbird and a not-so-mellow FOY house wren. At
least a dozen cliff swallows were darting around and under the Plymouth Ave.
bridge. On my walk over, I heard the chittering of chimney swifts.

There were a half-dozen yellow-rumps, and two phoebes were hanging out near
the observation deck where they nest every year.

I also heard many white-throated sparrows in the brush and a song sparrow or
two, and, just as I was turning toward dinner, an Eastern towhee called me
back with its unmistakable call. Got a good look at it, too.

Karen Kraco
Minneapolis