Subject:Lake Vadnais, Ramsey County
From:Gail Wieberdink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Apr 2010 17:18:37 +0000

The ice is almost all out of Lake Vadnais and the road is open today. There was not a lot on the lake, only saw a few mallards, but I'm sure that will change soon. We did see our FOY ruby crowned kinglet and a pair of green herons plus at least 3 song sparrows. I think this is pretty early for the herons, isn't it? I don't recall seeing them posted in this area yet. There are still a lot of gulls on the smaller west lake and the eagles are often in the area.