Subject:Metro Birding on 4/4/10
From:Jason Caddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:37:32 -0500

Sorry about the late post but I noticed some of the sightings weren't posted yet by others.

Here are some of the highlights that I saw while biking yesterday in the Metro area:

Lake Calhoun:

Red-breasted Merganser pair

Bufflehead

3 Breeding plumage Horned Grebes

Lake Harreit:

Common Loon

Diamond Lake:

tons of Pied-billed Grebes

6 Swan Sp.- Too many to be Trumpeter? (Tundra?)

many Wood Ducks

Veterans Memorial Park in Richfield:

Northern Shoveler

Many Lesser Scaup

Blue-winged Teal

Old Cedar Ave. Bridge area:

Singing male Rusty Blackbird on the west edge of parking lot. This was the first time I have heard this species call and it caught my ear. It is fairly distinctive.

Common Merganser

Hooded Merganser

Trumpeter Swan pair

I love Spring Migration!