Subject:Tower Day
From:Paul - Koni Fank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:13:13 -0700

  Hi all,
 We live about 3 miles south of Dassel,Mn.,south of Pigeon Lake. Which is south of St.Cloud and north of Hutchinson.
 We built a tower 15 feet high about 6 years ago in our yard in Dassel to watch birds in, mainly for the "Big Sit" that takes place in October, and then we decided to do it every month. We do this EVERY month all year long, even when it is COLD. So every month we have a "tower day" from dawn to dark, watching to see what birds are in our area or passing through, putting in some 16 hour days or longer. We really enjoy it, and this is strickly a "Birding Day". We have members from our Hutchinson Bird Clud our here for the Big Sit, or anytime they wish to come out and enjoy the birding. We keep records of the weather conditions and the species. We have done this since August of 2005.
  Paul & Koni Fank
Dassel,MN