Subject:Re: Listing Question
From:Pamela Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:06:47 -0700

I agree!  I do enjoy mightily seeing a bird I have not seen before. But for me, showing that bird to another is even more a joy. To me, seeing all birds, including some I have seen before, or see every day, is wonderful. I want to know about them, their habits and behaviors. It isn't enough for me to make a check mark next to a name - I want to know why it is in that habitat, what else is there, etc.
I guess I may not be the typical birder, I don't care about lists nearly so much, though I love to write another one down, as I do learning about them. I more just enjoy them all. I enjoy the outdoors, and all the mammals, amphibians, insects, all, I enjoy nature.