Subject:Shorebird Variety ~ Lake Byllesby, Dakota County
From:Conny Brunell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:27:06 -0500

This morning at Lake Byllesby in Dakota County there was a variety of shorebirds.
Much to our surprise Susan Schumacher and I observed 4 basic plumage American Golden Plovers together out on the mudflats.
There was also 21 Pectoral Sandpipers, 3 Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Greater Yellowlegs and 1 little Least Sandpiper in the midst of the Pectorals.

Lake Byllesby

From Randolph and MN. State 56 turn east onto Dakota County 88 (292nd St.).  Lake Byllesby is on the south side of the highway.  In .2 mile there is a driveway to your right with limited parking and a gate do not block the gate.  Walk behind the gate , down the hill and look for an opening in the trees looking east to the mudflats.  There is also another access another .2 m east of here and pull into the cemetery lot and walk the road to the east and view the lake and mudflats.  A spotting scope would be recommended to see across the lake to the mudflats.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Co.