Subject:Carver County
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:01:27 +0000

New arrivals this morning were Field and Swamp Sparrows at Carver Park and a Vesper Sparrow at Rapids Lake MVNWR.  There were 9 Ruby-crowned and 5 Golden-crowned Kinglets at Carver Park and 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets at Rapids Lake MVNWR.  I did not climb down the bluff to check better habitat for both Kinglet species at Rapids Lake.   Osprey pairs are working on adding sticks and whatever other upkeep that needs to be done to 2 nest stands in Carver Park and a 3rd stand along Bavaria Rd. on the southwest end of the arboretum. I counted 62(probably more than this) Double-crested Cormorant on the island on Lake Waconia with 17 Great Egret.  Waterfowl in the area include Wood Duck, Gadwall Blue-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, Green-winged Teal, Canvasback, Ring-necked Duck, Lesser Scaup, Bufflehead, Hooded Merganser, Common Merganser, and Ruddy Duck.  The fields along 150th St. are pretty much dry and only had some Green-winged Teal in them.