Subject:Grant Co Waterfowl/N. Ottawa
From:Dan & Sandy Thimgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:21:29 -0500

Here is a possibly important second-hand report:
We heard late this afternoon (Saturday) that there is a reported
30,000 waterfowl at the North Ottawa Water Impoundment area in Grant
County near the town of Wendell.

We have NOT been there ourselves, but this information is from an
excellent source and thought it advisable to pass on. This
impoundment area has been recently developed over the last year or
two and involves a number of county roads built up high and surround
and pass through the impounded water area. Apparently, these numbers
of birds have been counted and verified in the last day or so.

The directions as best we know:  from the town of Wendell, go 3 miles
south and 7 miles west.

We have not personally observed this, nor can we get there ourselves
in the next couple of days, but if it's convenient for someone it
sounds worth the stop...or a detour.

--Dan & Sandy Thimgan
Battle Lake MN
Otter Tail County