Subject:Northern Mockingbird in Olmsted County
From:Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 10 Apr 2010 22:50:17 -0500

Diane & I located a Northern Mockingbird SE of Rochester shortly before dusk

Take Highway 52 south out of Rochester and continue on 52 south of I90
toward Chatfield.  Take county 7 to the south (right) as 52 starts dropping
down into the valley.  Go south on 7 for a couple of miles or so and take a
left turn on Mill Creek Road just before the cemetery.  This turn is about a
mile north of Cummingsville and Hwy 30.

The bird was hanging out in the trees that lined the driveway to the first
house past the cemetery.  After we first spotted the bird we backed up past
the driveway and the bird stayed in the tree and proceeded to drop down to
the road in front of the car several times as we sat there and watched it.

Bob Ekblad
Olmsted County in SE Minnesota