Subject:corrections to migration article
From:Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:46:23 -0600

First the migration article is about blackcaps in Europe, not blackpolls.  I
should have looked at the article again. (I may be thinking of blackpolls at
this time.) Second, the photo appears to be a Nashville warbler.  It is not
a blackcap.  Even right clicking the image for "properties" says "blackcap".
There is careless journalism and better journalism.  wiredscience doesn't
not seem reliable re bird study.   I think sciencenews or sciencedaily ran
this summary story several months ago re change in blackcap migration
(sorry to consume your electrons and your time).