Subject:Common Loon & Bald Eagle, Cook County
From:Bruce W. Stahly
Date:Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:08:43 -0500

Tues evening, April 13, I heard my first Common Loon call of the season
on Devil Track Lake. On Wednesday morning, the loon was visible on the
lake, which is ice-free very early this year.

The destroyed eagle's nest along Highway 61, west of Grand Marais, has
been replaced, approximately 100 yards down the shore, possibly by the
same pair that has been nesting there for five or six years. The
original nest was destroyed in September 2009 when a gale knocked down
the aspen tree in which it was located.

Bruce Stahly
Grand Marais