* Reminder: The Salt Lake Weekend is next Saturday & Sunday, April 24th and 25th. Note details on the MOU website (www.moumn.org)
* St. John's Arboretum Birding Day, Saturday, May 8th, led by Bob Russell (www1.csbju.edu/arboretum/arb_highlights/spring/spring_birding.htm)
- Early morning 5:30-8:00 AM, followed by continental breakfast and arboretum plant sale. Birding groups from 8:30-12:00 noon. Lunch on campus 12:00-1:00 PM. $12 for Arboretum members, $16 for non-members.
- Sign up for MOU afternoon extension 1:30-5:00 PM. Caravan birding in the Avon Hills: sites may include SNA's, developing Stearns County Parks, Albany WTP. Led by Milton Blomberg (firstname.lastname@example.org). No cost.
* Morrison County (Little Falls, MN), Crane Meadows NWR Spring Bird Tour, Saturday May 15th, 8:00-11:30 AM. Meet at the Platte River trail kiosk at the entrance to the NWR headquarters. Led by Milt Blomberg on behalf of the "Friends of Crane Meadows". MOU afternoon extension, 12:30-5:00 PM, visit other NWR or Little Falls birding sites. Sign up with Milton Blomberg (email@example.com)
* Arden Hills Army Training Stie (AHATS) Field Trip, Thursday, May 20th, 6:45-10:00 AM. Former ordnance plant, gated area not normally open to the public. Nesters include Trumpeter Swan, Wild Turkey, Common Loon, Osprey, American Kestrel, Sandhill Crane, Great Horned Owl, Eastern Bluebird, Grasshopper Sparrow and Eastern Meadowlark. Bob Holtz leads this trip; Mary Lee, Environmental Protection Specialist is co-leader. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-484-8832.
Good birding to all!
MOU Field Trip Chair
Join or Leave mou-net: http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mou-net