Subject:[mou-net] American Avocet on Wisconsin Point
From:Laura Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 May 2010 15:44:45 -0600

This isn't quite Duluth, but my son Tom and I found one lone American Avocet
in breeding plumage  on Wisconsin Point on the beach hanging out with
Bonaparte's, Herring, and Ring-billed Gulls about three quarters of a mile
away from the Superior Entry. I'll post photos later today.

--
--
Laura Erickson

For the love, understanding, and protection of birds

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.  There
is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature--the
assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

--Rachel Carson