Subject:[mou-net] Hooded Warbler - Reservoir Woods - Roseville
From:Jason B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 May 2010 11:49:42 -0600

While I don't want to steal another birder's thunder, I wanted to get this
sighting up ASAP.  I was just on a trail in Roseville when another birder
told me he heard a Hooded Warbler singing in Reservoir Woods.  I relocated
the bird easily (11:45 am) & apparently much closer to the entrance of the
trail than when the other birder heard it.
Directions:
The bird is singing very close to the Western end of Reservoir Woods trail.
 The entrance is on Victoria Street south of County Road B & north of
Larpenteur, on the East side of Victoria (North of the 90 degree bend at a
Cemetary and there is parking for about 3-4 cars on the side of the road if
that School Bus moves.)  The bird was singing just off the trail & was
visible when it flew into a bare tree.
MANY THANKS to the birder that directed me to the bird.  Hope you don't mind
that I posted this.

Jason Bolish
Bloomington - Hennepin County