Subject:[mou-net] (Fwd) 60 Whimbrels at Park Point
From:Jim Lind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 May 2010 11:47:00 -0600

Jan Kraemer sent this message about a large flock of Whimbrels in
Duluth today.

Jim Lind

Hi
About 10:30 am (5/27) Larry and I and Harold Nordin saw a flock of
over 60 Whimbrels fly over the bay and land at the point of rocks
next to the airport on Park Point. Sadly a couple of planes flew in
and the birds circled a couple of times and then flew out over the
lake and headed up the north shore. We did get time to scope them
for a few good looks before they flew.
Jan