Subject:[mou-net] Bell's Vireo in Houston County
From:Williams, Bob
Date:Mon, 31 May 2010 21:15:07 -0600

Today around mid-day I found a cooperative Bell's Vireo in La Crescent in Houston County.
I was trying to follow Kim Eckert's directions to the dump on the north side of town.  It's a little confusing, but the location is by an electrical substation that says 50 Main St. on the fence.  This is on the east side of US 14/61.  There is an intersection that is not well marked but Main St. is the east/west street and Sycamore/Chestnut is the north/south street.  Turn east here on a gravel road and you will see a sign that says Loader has Right of Way.  You will cross the railroad tracks and curve to the north by some wetlands.  You then come to a parking area where an old semi was parked.  Just to the east of the semi was the substation.
I heard and saw the bird behind and slightly to the west of the semi.
Bob Williams, Bloomington