Subject:[mou-net] Western Tanager Duluth MN
From:Don Kienholz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 8 May 2010 09:09:46 -0600

The bird was confirmed as a Western Tanager. It returned  yesterday in the snow and rain several times and several photographs were obtained. I have not heard of its status today. I tried to see the bird  through garage windows yesterday with no luck. I did hear it singing in the tall aspens in the back woods. The song was much like a robins..only faster with a courser quality too it. The homeowners wish to keep their yard private. The feeders are not  visible from the road, and very close to the house..only viewing is from inside garage or  house.

I will post pictures as soon as they forward them to me. Thanks to those who gave info regarding previous WETA records in St Louis Cty.

Also had a Rose-breasted Grosbeak looking sad in the snow at my feeders this AM a FOY for the  yard.

Don Kienholz