Subject:Re: [mou-net] Western Sandpiper Updates?
From:Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 May 2010 22:35:03 -0600

I stopped by the pond on 320th east of Holyoak at about 5pm saturday.   I
found at least nine species of shorebirds (Killdeer, both yellowlegs,
Solitary and Spotted, Baird, Pectoral, Semi-Palmated SP, Least SP, Wilson's
Phalarope) and a probable Western Sandpiper.  The sandpiper kept going in
and out of the grass not allowing viewing of the leg color, beak, or flanks.
It did have a rich rust colored back and a rufous ear patch.

sweston2@comcast.net