Subject:[mou-net] Hooded warbler -western Henn Co
From:Robin LaFortune <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 16 May 2010 20:53:48 -0600

Birding at Lake Rebecca PR this morning, I was very surprised to find a Hooded warbler.  The bird was not singing, but drew my attention with loud bright chip notes. I watched it for about 10 min, then it disappeared into the understory.

 Besides this nice surprise, I found very few migrants,and only 9 species of warblers. Lots of resident birds setting up territories.  Quite a few yellow-billed cuckoo calling, too.

Directions to area- Enter the park main entrance and park at the boat launch area.  Follow the hiking trail south, along the edge of the lake.  There are 2 trails branching off left, take the 2nd trail left(east).  This goes straight up the hill. I saw the Hooded warbler at the top of the hill, going right.

Robin Lafortune