Subject:[mou-net] Northern Mockingbird at Park Point Airport in Duluth
From:Laura Erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 18 May 2010 17:06:38 -0600

My son Tom and I saw a Northern Mockingbird at the Park Point airport at
about 3:30 pm. We'd walked into the woods well beyond the main part of the
airport, and found it perched on a fence where the woods open up to the
runway again and there are a couple of buildings. (I don't usually hike that
far out, so I don't have a better way of describing the location.) I took
several photos which I'll post later tonight on my Flickr page, at
www.flickr.com/photos/lauraerickson/
--
--
Laura Erickson

For the love, understanding, and protection of birds

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.  There
is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature--the
assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

--Rachel Carson