Subject:[mou-net] Kentucky Warbler - Rice Co.
From:Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 22 May 2010 11:30:24 -0600

Hi everyone,
  I had a singing Kentucky Warbler today along Trout Lily Trail, which runs along the river, at River Bend Nature Center. I did not have a visual of this bird, but recognized its song. I attempted for quite awhile to visually locate this bird but, as is typical of this species, it was hanging low in some very dense, thick undergrowth. When I would attempt to get closer, it would stop singing altogether. I plan on returning either later today or tomorrow morning and try again for this bird. After waiting maybe 20 minutes for it to resume singing, I headed straight home and pulled up Kentucky Warbler audio on the internet. Bingo! It was exactly what I was hearing!

  Good luck to all who try for this bird!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN
greathorneddave@hotmail.com