CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2010

From:
Daniel James White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:51:32 +0200
Hi All,

we try and give our users a head start in thinking about their quantitative imaging experiment
from the very start, in order to help them choose when microscope to use, and if its a screening job or not

We use some standard "new user project questions"
(see the link below)
as ask them to try to answer them in as much detail as they can
and email their thoughts back to use,
before we sit down and discuss when they are trying to achieve.

Also, all our team members get that email,
so we all have some idea what that user is doing,
even if we didn't interact directly with them yet,
but can still  help them better later.

https://ifn.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/ifn/index.php/New_user_project_questions

Dan

On Jul 29, 2010, at 7:02 AM, CONFOCALMICROSCOPY automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:51:29 +0100
> From:    phil laissue <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Core lab services vs assay development
>
> --0016367faeeb55ec44048c7a75df
>
> Hiya,
>
> just wanted to add that to me, it's also important to see that people
> wanting the development put in work of their own (or via PhD/PostDoc) - e.g.
> sample optimisation, literature search, an email clearly stating the goal...
> Doesn't have to be masses, but it's surprising how many people lose interest
> in something the moment they're asked to contribute. But if they're happy to
> work with you towards a specific aim, it's so much more fun - and much
> easier to be laid back (or forget) about charging.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Philippe

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Visualisation, Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy and Image Processing Facilities
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49 (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49 (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net 	BioImageXD
http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de		Fiji -  is just ImageJ (Batteries Included)
http://www.chalkie.org.uk		Dan's Homepages