Subject:[mou-net] Dakota County: Whimbrel
From:Douglas Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:59:22 -0600

The Whimbrel previously reported by others was at the Jirik Sod Farm between 1:00 and 2:00 PM today.  I saw this bird on the east side of Blaine Ave. south of 200th St.  It was in the grass along the back shore of the furthest pond (a good scope is definitely needed).  I also observed a least three Lesser Yellowlegs and twelve Semipalmated Sandpipers.    Douglas Mayo