Subject:[mou-net] Common Moorhen McLeod county update
From:Janice Culver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:39:42 -0600

Update from today, July 2nd, at about 8am from McLeod County. Brett and I
saw the adult Common Moorhen at the location previously described by Pete
Hoeger on June 12th.

Take US Hwy. 212 (connects Chaska--Norwood YA--Glencoe--Brownton).
About a half-mile east of Brownton, turn south on McLeod Cty. Hwy. 13, and
go 2.8 miles.

We were only able to see one adult with 2 juveniles in the east slough very
near the road. They stayed close in the reeds so there may have been more
than one adult and two juveniles but that was all we were able to see. Thanks
to all who have posted updates so we could find this "minnesota" bird.

Also, has anyone seen great-tailed grackles recently? OR any tips as to where
we might look for them? Contact me off list. Janice Culver