Subject:Carver County
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:15:50 +0000

Back from my hiatus, there was scattered activity at Carver Park mainly with what you would expect for late September.   The most unusual bird of the day was not at the park but at the edge of Assumption Lake, a Henslow's Sparrow.     There were still 2 Red-necked Grebes and a couple Gadwall on the lake but not much else.    A Palm Warbler and Marsh Wren were also at the edge of the lake.   I also saw a Merlin along a rural county road.   Yesterday evening at the arboretum there were Virginia Rail, Blue-headed Vireo, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Hermit Thrush, Brown Thrasher,  Nashville, Yellow-rumped, Black and White Warbler, Redstart, Yellowthroat, and Lincoln's Sparrow.    At the Chaska Par 30(golf course), there were Ring-billed and Franklin's Gulls, but they were not around this morning.

Carver Park count

Sharp-shinned Hawk 2
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1