Subject:WI. Pt. Today
From:Michael Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:32:04 -0700

I arrived at 8am to the first parking lot on Wisconsin Point and left the point
at 1:30pm.

Highlights:

Parasitic Jaeger ( 1st winter/1st summer ) spotted by Erik Bruhnke.
Parasitic Jaeger ( adult light morph )
Sabine's Gull ( juvenile )
Franklin's Gull ( 1st winter )
Unidentified Phalarope ( P. Jaeger scared it off the lake surface and then the
jaeger chased it for a few seconds. I lost the phalarope sp. in the waves. The
sighting was about 500yrds away from me seen through my scope )
Harris Sparrow along the road to the house at the end of the point.

Other birds:
Semipalmated Plover
2 Black-bellied Plovers
4 Sanderlings
20+ N. Pintails

* Lots of geese flying over the lake, Mostly from what I could tell they were
Canada's.  Lots of Green-winged Teal moving through.

I added images of the parasitic jaeger (1st summer/winter ) and the Franklin's
Gull on the showcase and recently seen section of the MOU website.

Good Birding

Mike

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota