Subject:Gray Jays, Bohemian Waxwings - Duluth
From:Cameron Rutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:21:45 -0500

The past few days have brought some much-appreciated boreal flavor
into the city limits of Duluth.  To all of our surprise, while
surveying the morning passerine flight (27 September) from a Lakeside
apartment rooftop, Ramsay Koury spied a Gray Jay sailing into the top
of a nearby conifer.  Although none were seen yesterday, today, Karl
and I added another three individuals, each one by itself, slowly
heading down town, moving from one treetop to the next.  We can only
hope that there will be more to follow.

Additionally, Bohemian Waxwings have now made three separate
appearances following Kim Eckert's first-reported scouts from Lake
County: 1 on 9/26 from Lakeside, 5 at Hawk Ridge the following day
(9/27), and another flyby trio this morning at Lakeside.

Karl Bardon and Cameron Rutt
Hawk Ridge counters