Subject:Harris's Sparrow and others - St Paul
From:Scott Loss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:08:18 -0700

This morning while walking into U of M - St Paul campus, I found a Harris's Sparrow among a flock of nearly 100 White-throated Sparrows in the small park (Google Maps calls it "College Park)" between Doswell Ave. and Carter Ave. and just west of Raymond.  This is just two blocks west of the Cleveland Ave. and the St Paul campus.

This park has been hopping with migrants the last few mornings, and the sparrow flock has been there for a few days, but this was the first time I had binoculars to scan for other species.

Other migrants seen during 15 minutes of birding:
Both kinglets
White-crowned Sparrow
Clay-colored Sparrow
Yellow-rumped Warblers