Subject:Carver County
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 4 Sep 2010 16:51:41 +0000

There was a nice bit of activity this morning at Rapids Lake MVNWR including my first migrant sparrows of the fall.  Later I made a short stop at either end of Chaska Lake turning up a Swainson's Thrush and an Ovenbird along with a few of the regulars.

Rapids Lake count

Double-crested Cormorant ~50
American White Pelican ~120
Least Flycatcher 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 4
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Swainson's Thrush 2
Tennessee Warbler 7
Nashville Warbler 7
Yellow Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 3
Magnolia Warbler 2
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Black and White Warbler 1
American Redstart 4
Ovenbird 4
Northern Waterthrush 3
Common Yellowthroat 8
Wilson's Warbler 1
Canada Warbler 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
White-throated Sparrow 5 (2 loners and 3 together)