Subject:Upcoming MOU education opportunities
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 6 Sep 2010 13:43:09 EDT

If you didn't get enough time chatting with birders and soon-to-be birders,
 or didn't sign up in time to get a shift at the fair-we have two
opportunities  just for YOU!

1. Hawk Ridge Weekend September 17-19 in Duluth. MOU will have a  table at
'The Ridge'. Kate Kelnberger is the primary contact on this one. We  will
not have the computer but will have most of the other fun, educational
materials and some handouts. The hours we need to staff the table, with two
volunteers would be 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday and 7:30 a.m. to 3:30
p.m. on Sunday. Perhaps two 5 hours shifts on Saturday? Two four hour shifts on
 Sunday? We're flexible. The great part is that you are on the ridge and
everyone  stops to watch great migrants fly over so you get to watch the birds
too! If you  haven't been to Hawk Ridge during migration-this is a "must"
on a birder's  list.

2. Fall Raptor Release Saturday September 25th at Carpenter Nature  Center
in Washington County. The Raptor Center treats hundreds of injured  birds of
prey each year. Once in the spring and once in the fall there is a big
release 'party' with raptor educators, trained educational raptors, and the
release of 4-6 wild rehabilitated birds of prey. Its awe-inspiring to  watch a
rehabilitated bird take its first flight back  to freedom. The event hours
are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and we could use at  least two volunteers as this
event can draw up to 3,000  people. Release programs are at 11:30 and 2:00.
Please contact me (Jen) if  you are interested in helping out at this fun event.
Volunteer shifts could be 9  to 12 and 12 to 3.

And of course a HUGE THANK YOU EVERYONE for your terrific support  of the
MOU education booth at the State Fair.  We will compile information  and send
out a summary email. Please don't hesitate to send along any  suggestions,
constructive criticism, and kudos so that we make next year's fair  booth
even better!

Thank you again for supporting birds, education and habitat  conservation.

The MOU Education Committee
Jen Vieth : _Jbaines317@aol.com_ (mailto:Jbaines317@aol.com) ;
_Jennifer@carpenternaturecenter.org_ (mailto:Jennifer@carpenternaturecenter.org)
Kate Kelnberger: _kkelnberger@boreal.org_ (mailto:kkelnberger@boreal.org)