Subject:Fwd: Hazards at Erie Pier for Birding
From:Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Sep 2010 20:11:30 -0500

Bob Ekblad forwarded to me the following e-mail he received from the
Army Corps of Engineers confirming that birders no longer have access
to the 40th Ave West Erie Pier Area in Duluth and should not attempt
to enter this site. (Neither Bob nor I can explain why he received
this e-mail, since he is not involved with the Sept 24-25-26 Minn
Birding Weekend in Duluth. Note that the e-mail was sent from the
legal department of the Army Corps of Engineers in Detroit!) It is
still unclear whether or not access will be restored after the I-35
project is completed.

Kim R Eckert
eckertkr@gmail.com
MBWbirds.com